- Outdoor Lifestyle
- Renovations & Covers
- Repairs & Service
- Cleaning & Maintenance
- Pool Store
- & More!
Trusted partner of AquaRama Pools & Spas:
Your Total Mosquito Control Solution
Experts are predicting a brutal 2012 mosquito season thanks to our mild winter.
Here are the top five things you need to know about those pesky insects:
1. Mosquitoes can cause diseases like malaria, encephalitis, and West Nile Virus.
2. If you develop symptoms such as fever, severe headache or swollen glands after being bitten, it is important to see your healthcare provider immediately.
3. Last year, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta received reports of 610 cases of encephalitis or meningitis from mosquito-borne viruses. Of those, 47 resulted in death.
4. Mosquitoes breed in standing water. Make sure you unclog your house gutters and remove water from old tires and potted plants.
5. To prevent mosquitoe bites, use insect repellant especially during peak biting times between dusk and dawn, and wear light clothing covering most of your body.